1. Please tell us the degree(s) you studied and result(s) achieved?
Bed Honours in Physical Education. 2nd Class.
2. Please list all your achievements with the EUAFC (trophies won, goals scored, league positions, international caps, individual awards, Blues etc)?
Image printers Cup Winners 2004/2005. 13 goals for the club. 3rd place finish Season 2004/2005 and 6th place in 2003/2004 (both in Premier Division. Runners up in British University Plate (is that the name of it?) Season 2003/2004. 3 International Caps.
3. Why did you choose to study at Edinburgh University?
Its an amazing city with a highly regarded Physical Education course and had a Strong football history.
4. What part did the EUAFC play in your experience of University?
A very strong part. I made friends who I still meet up with today. I thoroughly enjoyed my football years at the university and nights out/end of season tour were always lively with the football boys. There is a strong community feel between all the teams. I played club football one of my 4 years at University but it wasn’t a patch on the other 3 years I had with the Uni team.
5. Why did you enjoy playing football for EUAFC?
It was a well organised set up with like minded players and led by enthusiastic and motivational coaches. You also got to play in two competitions as you had the East of Scotland league on a Saturday and then University games on the Wednesday. The Social aspect after games on both Wednesdays and Saturdays was great also.
6. What enabled you to be successful on the pitch & at the same time academically? Was there any effect on your studies?
There was no effect on my Studies. I felt getting out to Training was a welcomed break from Studying. It does require you to be well organised and have good time management but the carrot of playing football at a good level and with good lads ensures that you plan your week with enough time for both football and Studies.
7. Would you consider your time at University a success, why?
It was the best 4 years of my life. I met great people through my course of Physical Education who are now friends for life. I was Studying in the same city as my sisters were and I had a wonderful football experience getting the opportunity to represent the Scottish University team at the British University Games. And I Graduated….. Huge Success!
8. What are you doing currently? Did you develop any skills while at the EUAFC that have an impact on your working life?
I am currently principal Teacher Of Fitness, health and Well-being at Kingussie High School which basically means Head of Department of P.E and Home Economics. My time management, commitment, ability to motivate others and high Standards were all skills I felt I had the opportunity to either refine myself or pick up from more experienced members of EUAFC whilst playing there.
9. Why would you recommend joining EUAFC to new students?
It’s a club with a huge amount of history that has produced a lot of very good players who have gone on after University to further themselves in good leagues. There is a great team spirit in the club and you will meet guys who will be friends for life. The football gives you a diverse experience both on and off the pitch and the banter is great. Sometimes University can be the Sportsmans graveyard but if you join the Uni football team that certainly wont happen as you will be pushed to the right level.
10. We know you have a strong bond with the Football Club. Please finish the sentence/paragraph in any way that suits you;
EUAFC is an opportunity that you don’t want to miss!!