Strong Semester for 2s

The 2s last game of November was in the 3rd round of the Centenary cup. The short journey to Dudingston resulted in a 6-0 win with Rory Morris Aaron Hodgson, Phil Mcnicholas x2, Andy Findlay and Andy Thompson registering the goals against a young, spirited Calvary Park side.

The 6th of December saw the 2s make the long journey to Dumbarton to play St Patrick’s FPFC in the Scottish cup. St Pats play in the Central premier amateur league, reputedly the best amateur league in the country. As nervy a first 45 minutes as they have displayed all season saw the 2s fail to impose themselves on the game. 0-0 at half time was perhaps fortunate. However as bad as they were in the first half, the Uni. were good in the second, attacking at will and circulating the ball well. The lively St Pats strikers alway threatened however and they combined to give their side the lead on the counter attack. Despite the uni pushing forward the game finished 0-1.

The last game of the season almost didn’t happen. After being promoted last season, Dunalba have struggled this season up a level. Player availability is an issue and they struggled to field a team. However they did count 11 at the start and they took the lead against the run of play with a terrific effort from 25 yards. However Phil Mcnicholas is playing the role of talisman this season and he popped up with the necessary goal to re-establish the 2s confidence. A nasty leg cut then reduced Dunalba to 10 men and the Uni. pressed home their advantage with Andy Findlay twice and Ciaran Duffy netting before half time. Ciaran’s goal in particular deserves a mention with the team circulating the ball wonderfully and showing real patience before leaving the striker with a tap in. The home side were back up to 11 as a late comer restored the numbers in the second half. However there was no stopping the Uni. as Andy Findlay took his total to 4 with a further brace. Substitute Joe Darvill added a couple, the first in particular showing excellent technique, quickly fixing his feet before rifling home. The referee stopped game 10 minutes early as the home side were again reduced to 10 men after a home player left to fulfil a previous engagement. Final score 8-1.

half term played 18, won 12, lost 4, drawn 2.